We had a wonderful week on the Outer Banks in North Carolina with family and friends. The only thing lacking was Quinten, Kate and the kids were not able to join us. We hope to remedy that next year.
This year's trip started out a little different than past years... after all meeting up in Raleigh, the next morning the kids took off for Avon while the parents went and had their own private fun.
Yes, we went Geocaching...
I think we actually found 7 caches along the way.
But in the heat and humidity the brain starts
to do funny things to you so the number might
be off one.
In one small town, way off the beaten path we stop at
this little diner "Carol's BBQ" for lunch.
We were pleasantly surprise at the incredible food.
It was all home-cooked right there. I had to
get a picture of the sisters who cooked for and served us.
More Geo-caching...
There was a wedding going on when we arrived at this park. Tom was so into finding the cache and thinking he knew right where it was hidden, he walked right up behind the wedding, found the cache and brought it back where we were standing. We couldn't believe that he would be so bold. It was quite funny...
Mother-daughter time at the beach
Our traditional trip to Howard's Pub for the
parent's get-away lunch.
A trip to the beach wouldn't be complete without
Nicholas' artwork (sandcastles). He went out to
the beach each morning between 6 and 7 and spent
several hours building a new castle. Lots of people would
stop and admire his work.
I wasn't really good in taking a lot of pictures. But when you have Krista and Nick there and their talent in photography my pictures seemed very elementary. So if you want to see better pictures go to their blogs.
Thanks, all of you for an awesome and relaxing time this year.

4 comments:
We had a great time with you and your family! Thanks for all that you do!
What a great year at the beach! It is the most wonderful time of the year :)
You are a better photographer that I.
We have GOT to try geocaching. I sounds so fun.
I think your pictures are great! I love seeing all of them.
My mom was saying the other day that she really thinks Tyson and Rhaegan look a lot alike. I never noticed, but it's true!
Post a Comment