Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'M BACK!

I know I have been very lax in not posting for two weeks But I have been having Too much fun playing with one of my grandchildren, Rhaegan, and taking her to King's Island amusement park. When we lived in Oxford, Ohio years ago we use to take our kids to King's Island each year. It was great going back with 3 of the kids (Nick, Kendall, Krista), sorry Quinten that you and your family couldn't be here.

"Papa Cupps" with Rhaegan

Kendall, Rhaegan and Scooby Doo

Rhaegan on the "Backyardigans' swings.

To be truthful...we arrived here on the 6th and today, the 23rd, we finally got hooked up with our cable, internet and phone.  We were scheduled for hook-up last Sunday (10 days ago), but then that horrible storm came through and we lost electricity. Today was the first time they were able to get out and connect us to the world.  So we have been without all the necessities we take for granted.  We have come to realize that the prophet's counsel on being prepared is inspired. Food storage, get out of debt and other areas of preparedness are essential.
But all-in-all we have settled in quickly.  95% of the boxes are unpacked and there is some sense of order in the house.  Even Gizmo is adapting.  He has found several major hiding places, but he is feeling more at home.
We have had a great time having Krista, Kendall and Rhaegan here for a visit.  And it is wonderful knowing that Nick, Denise and Nils are just up the street.  We live only 15 minutes from them.  We even get to sit in church with them, what a treat. (I am being serious).
But we do miss all of our friends in New York and hope all of you are well.  Please keep in touch with us, we want to know how things are going.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I've been wondering how you are doing. I'm glad things are going well.

When we lived in Florida, we were without electricity and water for a long time, and we had guests. The utilities were out in the three counties surrounding us as well.

We had to build a small fire in the parking lot of our condo to cook on. People were amazed that we could do that.

We, too, were grateful for being taught to prepare.

I'm glad you are doing well.

Jeanne said...

So glad to hear all is well! I've been so bad about posting since I've been home! Al said once we get home everyone will realize how boring our lives really are!:0) One of these days I'll sit down & do a bunch of posts. Take care!

JanKent said...

It was great to finally get an e-mail from you. I've missed you so much! Seeing Tom for dinner last week was a great treat for us and we look forward to next Monday.

Who's been spreading such gossip about me doing good in Sacrement meetings? My playing is terrible!!! My hands shake so bad I can hardly control them,and I can't play worth beans when I hear the singing..I'm terrible! I wish you were here....please come home...(pout, pout). Anyways, I'm doing my best under stress, but everyone is nice about all my mistakes. They say they would rather have live piano, such as it is than a cd. Ok, I guess I'll keep chugging along and trying my hardest to please them. Maybe I'll get better in the meantime.
I miss you SO much...

Krista said...

It was a great trip. I am in San Juan right now. I will call you when I get home tonight. Love you guys.

Kate said...

I'm so glad you're finally "connected" again. We've missed you!