Thursday, October 2, 2008

Halloween

Two days before Kendall and Rhaegan went back to Utah, Rhaegan got really sick with the stomach flu.  Even as sick as she was she still wanted to do her favorite thing, read her books. Everyday she would sit on the couch and insist that she have her two piles of books by her so she could read.  

When she got really tired she still had to read:

Her love for books just amaze me.

In our ward, the Relief Society has a monthly "Girl's Night Out."  A sister will host the evening in her home.  Those who want to attend just sign-up for whichever activity they want to do. This month Denise is hosting the night.  She is doing a "Pumpkin" theme.  The three craft projects all involve pumpkins and the food and decorations are also involve pumpkins. I am helping (a small bit) and the following pictures are of my decorations:
Hollow out a pumpkin, put a dish in the hole and fill it with candy.

Last year when I visited Quinten's family to help out with Paige's birth, Tyson, Sam and I made these pumpkin-spider candle holders.  So I thought I would make them again to go along with the candy dish.  I thought they turned out really cute.

Have a happy day!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Lucy loves to have piles of books next to her too. I think it's great. I'm sorry to hear that Rhaegan was sick.

Your decorations are SO cute.

Do you have a calling yet?

Krista said...

I love Halloween! Very cute.

Kendall said...

Those Halloween decorations are adorable. You're so creative. I also love to picture of Rhaegan with the two piles of books. Typical Rhaegan.