Wednesday, December 17, 2008

32 BLISSFUL YEARS

Yesterday Tom and I celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary. We haven't been able to celebrate it for many years because our third child, daughter Kendall, was also born on that day. Of course celebrating her birthday took precedents over our anniversary. But now that she is married we can recognize this historic occasion. The big question was how do we celebrate this special day this year: maybe a walk on the beach?


For those of you who thought this was actually Tom and me on the beach, SHAME ON YOU! Tom's "dunlop" isn't that big yet. Actually he has a flatter stomach than I do.
This is the card I gave him. Inside it says "One way or another, we still turn heads." And we do because we don't look as old as we are.

All of our healthy eating and exercising is keeping us
young. That dark chocolate is a miracle worker.

We received a beautiful gift...Our dear friends in New York, Dan and Judy Gilchrist, have celebrated our anniversary with us for the past eleven years. Their anniversary is the day before. This year was sad because we were not able to continue the tradition. But what a wonderful surprise to open the front door and be presented with this edible fruit arrangement. This is the most awesome gift for those of us at this age, I won't have to worry about eating my daily prunes for a long time. 
All jokes aside, Thanks a bunch, Dan and Judy. We sure missed not being able to celebrate with you this year, but we did think about you and raised a chocolate covered pineapple honoring our friendship and all the wonderful times we had with you. 

3 comments:

Kenneth said...

Dark chocolate and diet Dr. Pepper, do you have a problem?

Kate said...

Man, I am so behind on checking the blogs. Happy HAPPY belated anniversary. I am jealous of that yummy fruit bouquet. What a seriously perfect gift! And also I LOVE your new furniture in that picture of you & Tom. It looks GREAT!!!! Can't wait to see it in person some day.

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you, and Merry Christmas to ALL of you in the Cupps family.