Monday, December 1, 2008

Last Day in Arizona

Our last day was spent getting several projects completed. While we were here Tom helped Quinten repair a plumbing problem, fixed some walls, hung Christmas lights, re-arranged their music room and set a pipe in a hole with cement that will be for his basketball standard. They really tried to fit a round of golf in there but it just didn't work out. The grandchildren came first...

Paige loves grandpa

Sam loves showing us his tricks he can do.

And today when Tyson got home he announced that he was picked to be the "Outstanding Student" of the week. He brought home a bear that each "student of the week" gets to bring home. We were so proud of him. Way to go Tyson!
Of course it was very hard to leave, but life goes on and we had to return home.
Thanks Quinten, Kate, Tyson, Sam, Paige and even Trigger for a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed every minute. Hope it won't be another year before we get to see all of you again.

4 comments:

Quinten said...

Mom & Dad,

Thank you so much for everything you did for us while you were here. We are so glad you came. I am glad you made it home safely and we will make sure it's not another year before we see you again. I love you.

Krista said...

Sounds like Dad got put to work. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. The days are starting to crawl by because I am so anxious. We sold a bunch of our stuff today... made around $500 bucks!! Now we can buy Christmas presents.

Kristin said...

Hmm...I'm thinking Tom should come visit me!

Kate said...

We certainly miss you. Tyson was completely inconsolable for quite a while after you drove away. Thanks for all of the great posts from your trip. You're so good at documenting things!
Yes, Tom worked HARD while he was here... but it was his choice! He kept finding more projects to do around here. I can't believe all of the things he did. I'm still pretty blown away with the furniture rearranging you two did while we were at church. I just can't believe you did that without waiting for the big muscles (Q) to come home. :)
Thank you!!! We love you. I wish you could come back now and see how festive the house looks with all of the decorations up. I'll have to take some pictures.