This past weekend has been a busy one. First our good friends from New York, Roger and Janice Kent, drove down to spend the Memorial Day Weekend with us. They have never been to Cincinnati, so it was fun to anticipate where we should take them to show them what this area offers.
On Friday we also had three extra house guests arrive:

No, not Nick, Denise and her sister Danni, but Charlie, Chandler, Blair (their dogs). We were asked to "grand-dog sit" while they went on a camping trip to the Red River Gorge in Kentucky. The six A.M. walks and feeding and all the other things you have to do with dogs haven't been bad. But I have not slept the last two nights. These dogs are so use to sleeping near their owners that they freak out being alone in a cage. So the past two nights I have slept on the couch so they could be near me. Well I only have one more night, I think I can do it.
It really hasn't been that bad because Tom and the Kents have really helped out. Especially walking and picking up poop for three dogs can require real talent.

On Saturday we explored some places that we have never experienced, like the Findlay Market. It is a wonderful place that has everything from fresh meats to flowers and everything in-between. We had a great day exploring Cincinnati.

It has been so much fun having friends come to visit because we also get to eat at restaurants that we have wanted to try. We took them to the "Sleepy Hollow". This restaurant was open during the Korean war time. The family who owns it had a son who left to fight in the war. He was going to be home for Christmas so they decorated the restaurant for his homecoming. Well he never made it home. In his honor they have left the place decorated with the Christmas theme for all these years. The food was really tasty. We will have to take any other guests who come to visit (just a hint that we love visitors).
It's been a great weekend and will be sad to see them leave. But we enjoyed every minute and hope they will return soon.
4 comments:
Why didn't we go there when we were in town? We passed it like 100 times but never stopped. I'm glad you're having fun with the dogs and the Kent's. You're very brave to dog-sit three demanding dogs. At least they're cute.
Hi Karen - we might have to come by and say hi since you like visitors. I am bringing Jacob and the baby to Cincinnati in July. Jacob has a specialist at the children's hospital that he started seeing there last year for his GI disease and we will be back again this year for a week, staying in Sharonville.
Thank you for showing us such a wonderful time and all the places you took us too. We love you guys so much.
What a fun time! Half the branch will have been out to visit you guys by the time I get there! I walk by your old home here every morning & it just feels so weird that you guys aren't here!
Post a Comment