Saturday, September 19, 2009

P&G DAY!

One of the great things about being back in Ohio is to go to King's Island for dividend day. It brings back a lot of memories when the kids were really little and we would spend the day in Hanna Barbara Land. But now we are all grown up and spend our time riding the BIG rides. "Diamondback" is everything it is advertised; awesome. But I discovered a ride that has been around, but I never rode until this year; "Flight of Fear." The train of cars is shot forward and reaches 60 mph under 3 seconds. Then the ride goes into a dark building and its a roller coaster similar to the Vortex. It is quite a ride. I LOVE IT!

On dividend day you can pick up these buttons that say "Dividend Day 2009." We got ours and I went to put mine in my fanny pack and Tom took it and pinned his and mine on his hat. At first he put them on each side of his hat - totally looked like a Mickey Mouse hat with ears sticking out. So then he put them in the front. I told him he looked like he was a fly with bugged-out eyes. What do you think?



Later in the day Nick, Denise, Dani and their friend Darren met up with us. Nick and Darren really wanted to ride the "Sling Shot." It's a ride you normally have to pay $25 to ride, but today it was only $5 to ride. So they got sucked in...

Darren and Nick getting psyched up...

The ball is then shot up into the air over
300 feet...


It continues to go up and down as it
rolls upside down...

Finally they were lowered to the ground.
They said it was an amazing rush.
Glad it was them, I got light headed just watching.

Tom, Denise and Dani watching the crazy guys

What would a day at Kings Island be without having a picture with a favorite T.V. character. I think this is Pablo from the Backyardigans. I'm sure I will be corrected if that's not right. Tom had to wait quite a while before he could get in there for the picture because there were so many little kids that wanted their turn.
It was a fun day, the weather was incredibly awesome and we were beat when we left. The only thing that would have made the day better would have been to have all of our kids and grandkids with us.


4 comments:

Kate said...

Of course you're right about that being Pablo!! So funny that Grandpa wanted his picture taken with him.
Looks like a fun day. And yes, it would have been SO fun if we had been able to be there too.

Kendall said...

Man...I hate missing P&G Day at King's Island. Looks like you all had a great time.

Nicholas Cupps said...

I have to say, that Slingshot ride was awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone (for $5 bucks). What worries me is that I am becoming so much of a dare-devil that I am going to have to skydive or bungee jump to get the same rush. I wish everyone could have been there.

Jeanne said...

I should have shipped Eli out for a visit! He's always trying to get me to do the wild rides with him! Glad you had such a fun day!