Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Visit to Michigan

I thought it would be fun to go north and visit Krista and Josh for a few days. The drive was long for the body to sit in a car, but it was sure fun visiting places from the past.

Krista and Josh have a cute apartment and the dogs are sure growing up.

The day after I arrived the dogs were scheduled to be "fixed." After we dropped them off we drove down to a German town, Frankenmuth. It sure brought back a lot of fond memories. Frankenmuth makes you feel like you have taken a trip to Germany. Every store and the homes are German architecture. They have the best fudge stores. When we lived in Ann Arbor, years ago, we would drive to Frankenmuth to visit the world's largest Christmas store called Bronners. It is quite a place.

This is just one small part of the entrance.
It's very hard to describe how large this place is.
You actually get a "road" map when you enter.
Anything you need to decorate for Christmas can
be found in this store.

Krista's friend, Katrina, came with us. Neither
of them had been to this store before. It was fun
showing them around.

Rowdy and Snarky have really grown...
Which one is which?

This is Rowdy. You can see where they
shaved his leg for the I.V.

Snarky is a typical girl. She instigates a lot
of the trouble. But both dogs are sure cute.

Apple picking and making applesauce are in the plans for tomorrow. It's really cold here, but it should be fun visiting the orchards. It really helps you get in the "Fall" mood.


2 comments:

Kendall said...

The dogs are getting big. I can't believe it. I wish I could be there too. I need a vacation from life. Have fun!

Jeanne said...

What a fun time for you guys! Those pups just keep getting cuter!