Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Visitors!

This past weekend Krista, Snarky and Rowdy came to visit.
The puppies adjusted very quickly...

There was lots of "playing"...

They love their toys and stealing them
from each other...

Snarky shows her authority over her brother...

They are learning manners...

And all of us looked forward to nap time.
It was great, though, having them (and especially Krista)
for a few days. The neighborhood loved the puppies.
Every car would stop, all the children would run
from their homes when we walked them.

Another story: this past Saturday was my birthday and I sure appreciated all the calls, emails, facebook entries, gifts and desserts. Today I was cleaning the house when I had a visitor. We discovered the doorbell doesn't work, so thinking I wasn't home she left me a belated birthday wish. It was from my Laurels. I had taught them how to make caramels a few weeks ago. So the class president, Maycee, made me some caramels and put them in a purple candy dish and delivered them with a card that each girl had signed. She wanted to tell me that I would need to put the caramels in the microwave for a few seconds to soften them up, but since I didn't answer the door she left the following message:


I thought that was so cleaver to use the
white rocks from my landscaping to leave the note.

Krista and the puppies have gone back home and the house is sure quiet. It is amazing how fast you forget what it is like to have puppies in the house.
Thanks Krista for making the effort. It was a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man... those puppies are cute! And how great that you had such a fun birthday.

Christine said...

Such cute puppies. I love the rock message. I never would have thought of that. I probably would have gone home and called you. You have some creative YW.

Kendall said...

I still think it's a little annoying that I'm the only sibling who doesn't have a dog. They are super cute and do remind me a lot of cody as a puppy. Your YW are great!!

Krista Adamow said...

I had a great weekend. It was sure nice having extra hands with the puppies, especially since Josh is gone a lot now. I love that action shot of Snarky trying to bite Rowdy. That is what 50% of my day consists of! I sure do love them. Snarky is getting a lot more cuddley too... pretty cute. Come visit and we can pick apples and make apple sauce. How about the third or fourth weekend in September?!