Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Trip to "Wonderland"

Two weeks ago I was able to fly to Quinten and Kate's to spend "Fall" break with them. The grandkids thought I was coming out just to spend some time with them since they did not have school. The first five days were filled with activities and projects but the real fun began on Wednesday.

Kate packed the car, we picked Quinten up at work and headed out of town for a surprise trip. The kids had no idea where we were going. After a six hour drive we finally arrived at the hotel. We thought for sure they would figure out where we were since "disney" characters were posted all around the hotel and in the elevators, but they must have been really tired from the drive because they had no clue.

Early (7:00) the next morning we piled into the van and headed out for the surprise. Tyson asked where we were going. I told them that grandma grew up in the area and we were going to take them to a park that I use to go to. One asked, "does it have swings?" I said the swings go higher than you have ever been. "Does it have slides?" I told them that there were slides that even went through mountains. Well it wasn't until we got to the front gates of Disneyland that they figured it out. The boys were speechless and little Paige went nuts. It was hilarious.

Pictures of our adventure:

The famous pose in front of the castle

I had to take this picture of the "slide" in the mountain.
This was my favorite ride as a kid. I couldn't wait to ride.

Family in Mickey's Toontown

Allie was so excited to be there...

Kate and the kids on the famous tea-pots

The rock climbers taking a break

Goofey pose...

Quinten on a merry-go-round?
Paige is loving it

The family in California Adventure waiting for the
World of Color show

Finally, Grandma and the kids on the Disney train.

Thanks for the wonderful trip. It was three days packed full of excitement and fun. It has been a week since I returned home and I still haven't recovered, but then I think it is due more to the three hour time difference. Although according to my pedometer, I walked an average of 11 miles each day. Great exercise.
We will have to do it again.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh good! I've been slow to post any pictures, and I'm sure my family will be glad to see that you have posted some.
Thanks again for coming with us. The kids are finally putting together a few clues they picked up on before the trip (like the Disneyland book on my nightstand and comments that were made). They can't believe it when I tell them I had been planning this trip for months!

Jeanne said...

I haven't blogged in such a long time - I've lost track of what everyone's been up to! What a great time with your family! Your grandkids are blessed to have such a fun grandma!