Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Cabin Fever!
As hurricane Sandy hit we got cabin fever and decided to take a little trip south to meet up with the Nobles in Beaufort, NC.
As we were leaving the condo this huge turtle was sitting on the grass. He wasn't sure what I was doing when I got down close to take the picture.
It's amazing what a lot of water (from the storm) brings out in the "animal" kingdom.
We met the Nobles at a fish restaurant called "Sanitary". I'm not sure that's the best name for a restaurant, but it does serve good food. (No, I didn't order fish).
As we were heading home we decided to take a different route. It required taking two ferry's. The first ferry was right on time and we literally drove right on. I've been on a lot of ferry rides and never had a problem, but riding a ferry during a hurricane was not the best idea. Now I know was seasickness is. At least it was only a 30 minute ride.
Normally the water at the dock is not this high. The waves were something else.
We drove another hour to the second ferry. We arrived an hour early so we drove around the Potash plant to waste some time. When we got back to the ferry, there wasn't one car waiting. We thought it was a little strange but decided to keep waiting. As we were sitting there we both started getting this weird "Deliverance" feeling and wondered why we didn't see a ferry coming towards the dock. Finally Tom called the 800 number and found out that the ferry was cancelled due to the hurricane. We could have almost been home.
Oh, well, we didn't anything else to do...had a fun day anyway exploring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You two are crazy! :) Riding around on ferries during a hurricane seems a little scary!! Glad you had some fun adventures. And seriously... why name a restaurant "Sanitary"? That's funny!
Post a Comment