Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Beyond the Construction...

I have had a real fascination with the road signs around here. A lot of the signs have something to do the the word "neck". I couldn't figure out why they use this word so much:




There is even a "Fat Neck". But after being here for a few weeks I finally figured out that since we are on the Albemarle Sound and several rivers flow off of the sound, this rivers are referred to as "necks". I felt kind of dumb...

Life is really rough here:

We golf several times a week...


Kayak - when we are not having a hurricane,


And we even take along some friends. One day when we were kayaking, one of these little frogs hopped up on the front of my kayak and literally stayed there the two hours we were out. I kept splashing water on him so he didn't dry out. He was my "good luck" hood ornament.



Since we only have one, very small closet for our clothes we have had to be creative. One morning I just happened to have the Rachael Ray show on and wouldn't you know it they were discussing how to get the most out of small spaces. She suggested to take the tabs from pop cans and use them to hang multiple items together. (You can't see the tabs very well in the picture) I couldn't believe how that helped. I have been able to fit everything in the small closet.

The hurricane is over...tomorrow it's back to the golf course. Oh, life is really tough!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Looks like fun! But I wonder if you're getting a little bored without any major church responsibilities and no big house to clean. :) Hopefully you've got some sewing projects or something! Can't wait til you get to move in.