Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Nils

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NILS
Today Nicholas and Denise's foreign exchange student celebrated his 17th birthday. We had them over for a family dinner. I told Nils it was a Cupps' tradition that the birthday person got to pick the dinner. True to Cupps' form, Nils requested roast and mash potatoes. He then wanted brownies instead of a cake so we had brownies, ice cream and hot fudge.
He just kept saying thank you over and over. I guess he really does like roast and mash potatoes. He did say that he had never had roast before coming here.

It has been a lot of fun having Nils here. We have been enjoying introducing him to many new things, new foods, games and all the quirky Cupps' traditions.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww tell Nils Happy Birthday from us. My mouth is salivating thinking about roast and mashed potatoes and brownies with hot fudge. Just a few more weeks!!

Unknown said...

Oh that was Krista by the way!

Kendall said...

I knew I was forgeting a birthday this week. Tell Nils happy birthday from us next time you see him. I'm glad you finally have a new blog entry. I was getting bored of looking at the pumpkins on your cabinets.

Kate said...

I think there is a new favorite grandchild. :) All of the biological ones have been replaced!
So glad that Nils has you guys. Seriously, what a lucky lucky kid!