This past weekend we went back "home" to New York. We were asked to speak in Stake Conference to 'officially' acknowledge Tom's release from the stake presidency and to say goodbye. It was weird to drive into Norwich but not to go to the house. By the way, the house has a "pending" sign on it. It was sad though because no one is taking care of the yard and the leaves are everywhere. I spent so much time keeping the yard in good shape.
While we were there we had a lot on our agenda:

We decided since we were so close to Katrina's we would go down and spend a day visiting. Opa was there helping them remodel their kitchen. It is going to be gorgeous.

After the Saturday night session of conference, we went with several of our friends to a Chinese buffet. It was great spending time visiting and filling our faces. Do you know these friends? From front to back: Wright's, Magnani's, Kent's, Hadlock's, Smith's and the Card's.
I hate buffets, though, because I have no self-control. After 4 plates I had to stop because there was still a dessert table.

We stayed with the Kents for the first three nights. Janice and I had so much fun. We shopped, ate, baked bread, ate, baked an apple pie and ate some more. Oh, there was a lot of diet Coke in there as well. We had so much fun staying with the Kents, it felt like home.

Monday night we stayed at the local B&B. It's a beautiful home and a very gracious host runs the place. We were going to leave Tuesday at noon, but we woke up to the beginning of a nor-eastern. We decided that we better hit the road quickly and get a head of it. That is one thing I am really going to miss about New York is the weather, I love that snow! Seriously!
3 comments:
It was wonderful seeing you Karen!! I miss you! The snow? We got passed over! To the North and South East of us got hit hard though -some areas as much as 25 inches! Eli was so mad! He wanted to put Tom's snowblower to use!! I have faith we'll get socked in at least once this winter though!
It's weird that I was just wondering about Katrina. I was going to send you an email. I think it's because my glucose levels bounce around so much when I'm pregnant that I thought of her.
Your dad really is the energizer bunny, isn't he?
I'm glad you had a good trip.
Anything with Diet Coke is a lot of fun!
Post a Comment