Saturday, October 4, 2008

Project Results

Just a follow-up from the "Girl's Night Out."  The following pictures are what I made.  It was one of the offered projects.  They are thin wooden pumpkins that I painted and then there is an elastic band that goes around the cupboard door to hold the pumpkin in place.  You can then move the pumpkin up or down to place it wherever you want it to be on the door.

I need to tie brighter ribbon around the "stem" and the elastic
so the bows show up better.  I just haven't had time.

Denise had some very cleaver ideas.  Another project was a "harvest" wreath.  The third craft was painting pumpkin faces that were on sticks that you would put in your yard or a flower pot. Nick made a huge barrel of carmel corn that was to die for. Then Denise melted some chocolate and drizzled it over some of the carmel corn.  I couldn't stay away from it.  All the girls also brought a dessert to share.  It was a major sugar high but a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I love sugar highs! Tell Nick he is making more caramel corn at Christmas!

Christine said...

It sounds like a great time. Are you going to post pictures of your house now that it's YOURS?

Kendall said...

I wish i could have stayed a little bit longer so i could have gone to the Girl's night too. I love crafts but never have any good ideas. Love the pumpkins. Tell Denise to come up with some Christmas crafts for us to make when we're all there.

Krista said...

UPDATE MOM!!!!!!!