Saturday, March 14, 2009

A New Hairdo!

My niece, Nadja, is going to the Paul Mitchell school to be a cosmetologist. Rhaegan needed to have her hair trimmed so we went to visit Nadja. She trimmed my hair to fixed a "bad" haircut I got in Ohio and then it was Rhaegan's turn. Rhaegan wasn't quite sure about all this, but she sat on my lap and Nadja went to work. Her hair turned out so cute. All the instructors kept coming over admiring Nadja's work and telling Rhaegan what a darling girl she is. She soaked it up.

Later in the day, I left and went up to SLC to spend the weekend with my parents. I love the bedroom I stay in because it's roomy and private. The only pits it that they gave the T.V. to another niece and her husband. Since I haven't been sleeping I have to go downstairs to watch "Law and Order" from 1-4am.  
When I arrived I took my stuff up to the bedroom and went back down to visit with my dad. Several hours later we left to go to the club to see mom. As we were pulling out of the garage I noticed a box for a 32" flat-screen T.V. I said to my dad, "did you get a new T.V.?" He about died laughing. He said, "didn't you see it up in your room?" I couldn't believe I missed it. But boy it was nice last night to be able to lay in bed and watch my programs.
No, I am not the favorite child. So Kenneth you can forget commenting as such. 

I think they really bought it so we will visit more.

Just to report to all of you who have been concerned about the weight I loss when I was sick. I have gained it back and am feeling better. But then how could you not gain weight visiting Oma and eating her cooking and being tempted with all of the chocolate around the house!

Oma and Opa - brunch at MiMi's.
Nothing low-cal on their menu.

6 comments:

Christine said...

I'm so glad that YOU are getting some TLC too!

Kate said...

Nice new TV! And NICE new haircuts! Rhaegan is just too cute. Man, we miss her!!

Kendall said...

Don't get too comfortable up there at Oma's because I really need you back down here. It was definitely hard this morning not having you here for Rhaegan to run out to. I love the picture of Oma and Opa. Oma looks so thrilled that you're taking her picture.

Quinten said...

Nice looking TV. Tell Oma and Opa we said hi and that we miss them.

JanKent said...

Thanks for posting a photo of your folks for me to copy. I didn't get one of the two of them together for my blog. They are so cute together. I'm glad also that you put your weight back on, now I won't worry. Have fun. I miss you.

Kenneth said...

Karen you are the favorite. I could give you 25lbs if you want them. It's nice having you in town for such a long time.Being a grandparent rocks.