Friday, March 27, 2009

Goodbye Utah

All good things must come to an end. But not until there was some excitement...

As most of you know, my dad was taken by ambulance to the hospital on Wednesday (25th). After a frightening two days the doctors diagnosed that the medications he was taking were counteracting with each other. His blood pressure was 40/30 and was incoherent. After a few days of rest and a medication change he is slowly getting back to his "old" self. I was going to take another picture of him in the hospital like I did last summer, but it really freaked a few people out so I decided not to. But so far, all is well!

That same evening I was able to leave the hospital to attend a sealing of a good friend in the Salt Lake temple. Lo've Beaumont and Glen Angel were sealed. Lo've is a friend I have known since we moved to New York. She and I worked together in the Relief Society for many years. She had never married. Glen joined the church almost 2 years ago in Norwich. We all put them together from the beginning, but it took a while for them to get the message.
Their sealing was wonderful. They were married by Elder Kofford of the Seventies. Lo've was walking four feet above the ground. It was so sweet and they acted like they were teenagers, it was so much fun to be apart of this happy time. Sorry I don't have any pictures but I had to get back to my dad and they lingered in the temple.

But like always, fun times must come to an end as I have to end a vacation and get back to reality. Although I wouldn't call this trip a "vacation." But I had a wonderful time visiting family and especially getting to help Kendall with sweet little Marlee and bond with Rhaegan who is 3, but going on 14.

I got to take night duty and feed Marlee at 2:00 and 5:00 am.
There is wisdom in having your children when you are
young and have energy. But at least Kendall and Shae
were able to have several good night sleeps.

Each day Rhaegan adjusted to having another person taking
her mother and father's time. She really can be a big
helper when she wants to be. But she and I had a great
time together.

Before the trip ended I wanted to get a four generation
picture. Unfortunately, Rhaegan was playing with
her cousins and was unable to be there, but we
have a picture of her alone with me and Oma from a
past trip.

Hope all is well with all of you. Now back to reality...


5 comments:

Kate said...

Holy cow... Marlee is such a pretty baby!!! I'm glad you got to be there for so long. I'm sure Kendall is grateful! And I'm also glad you're back to sleeping in your own bed.
And I had NO IDEA that's how Lo've spells her name.

Krista Adamow said...

I love the Marlee's mohawk in the four generations picture! She has grown a lot even since I was there.

Christine said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Sometimes medications just do more harm than good (as you well know). It sounds like you had a good trip overall.

Jeanne said...

Good to hear you're home safe & sound. Kendall was so blessed to be able to have you for so long! Marlee is such a sweet little baby. What a blessing for you to be able to be there! Please send our thoughts on to your dad. What a scare! Glad to know he's on the mend!

PapaCupps said...

Nice pictures. Nice to know you were really in Utah and not in the Bahamas on a beach.