Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Non-Stop Week

It is true...there is wisdom in having children when you are young. I'm exhausted! But I have loved every minute spending time with three of my dear grandchildren.
Josh and Krista left today to move back to Michigan where Josh will be finishing his medical rotations. I hated seeing them go, but it's an exciting time for them. At least they are not far away. Sorry I don't have any pictures, the morning was a little hectic.

Little Paige is non-stop.
You can just see the wheels turning in her little head.
You have to constantly watch her because she has no fear and
wants to be completely independent.
She carried the step-stool from upstairs down to the kitchen
and then opened the pantry door and proceeded to climb up
the shelves so she could get her own snack.


(sorry don't know why this is underlining, can't figure this out)

Tyson really wanted to ride the big Drop Zone, but I didn't so we called Uncle Nick. After work he came and met us and he, Tyson and Kate took a chance...

They are actually on this ride free-falling.
Tyson said he didn't scream because he wanted to hear Uncle Nick
"Scream like a girl."

Tyson and Sam

Sam loved the bumper cars.

Today, Uncle Nick came by to see everyone before they left for Arizona (in the morning). Paige really likes her Uncle Nick. The boys were really engrossed in a movie.

But of course the visit couldn't end before playing
a very competitive game of MarioKart.

We finally had some good weather today (it's been very rainy and cold, so unlike Ohio this time of year) so we could go swimming. The boys are excellent swimmers. I'm sure a swim team is just around the corner.

Even Paige is fearless when it comes to the water.


It has been a great visit and we hate to see them leave tomorrow, but at least Christmas is not too far away. Thanks Quinten for letting them come, we had a blast and the house is going to be very lonely.

3 comments:

Quinten said...

I am glad they could come out there, but sure can't wait for them to get home. Being a bachelor for a week is pretty lame. I can't wait until Christmas.

Kendall said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Rhaegan saw the bumper car pictures and totally remembered doing them last September. She wants to come out again. I told her to pack her bags and she'll be on the next flight out. JK! It would be nice to be out there, though. She miss Grandma and Papa.

Kate said...

Nice pictures! I didn't take enough this week. We were so busy! We got home today, and Paige and I both fell asleep for a 4-hour nap!!! You wore us out! We loved every second. Thanks so much. We miss you already.