Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family from Arizona

A few days after we got back from the beach our Arizona family arrived for a visit. Quinten wasn't able to come but Kate and the three kids flew out.

It is so nice having them here. The first thing Paige wanted to do was to find our cat, Gizmo. She would walk all over the house saying, "Gizmo, where are you?" Finally she found him under our bed. It's a big thing now for her to look under the bed and talk to Gizmo.

The day after they arrived we took them to King's Island Amusement Park. It was a great day to go, the weather was warm but not too humid. Tom took Tyson and Sam on a roller coaster:


After spending some time in Nickelodeon Land, Tyson decided that he wanted to go on the "bigger" rides. So he and Tom went to see what rides he was tall enough to ride, while Kate and I stayed and rode several rides with Sam and Paige:

Paige driving a car

Sam and Kate loved this ride

Sam enjoyed driving cars all by himself

Sam and Paige loved the Swiper ride. They rode it
4 times in a row. Couldn't get enough of it.

I feel so bad I don't have pictures of Tyson on the
big rides, but they are hard to get pictures on.

After an exhausting day, we went to Skyline Chili.
Kate was craving it. It was really good.
Paige is not in the picture because...

I didn't even have her car seat straps on her
arms before she was asleep.

The Von Cupps children giving us a concert.

Paige loves Uncle Nick

Sunday afternoon, the Nobles came over for dinner
and to visit with Kate and the kids.
It was great having everyone together and for
them to see baby Nora.
More great times to come...


7 comments:

Jeanne said...

What an awesome time with Kate & the kiddos!
I just love the picture of Paige looking under the bed!
Enjoy!!

mapacupps said...

I hope Q looks at these. He keeps telling me to send pictures. That last picture of me with Colleen is so not cute. I look like such a chub. ;) Oh well... at least we all know that I'm chubby for a reason!

Kenneth said...

Looks like a fun time being able to spoil the grandkids. I know we spoil Peter. Have fun with Kate and the Kids.

Quinten said...

Great pictures Mom! Wish I was there.

LilMisfit said...

Thanks for posting these, Karen. Fun to see my big sis visiting you guys.

And Kate, "chubby for a reason!" What in the world are you referring to?? :)

Kendall said...

Man I wish i could be there too. It looks like you were all having a great time. Paige in her stroller was adorable.

Kate said...

I meant to correct my comment above (2nd one from the top) to say that I left that comment from Karen's computer. I'm sure you all figured that out by now. ;)