Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sad to Leave Family

Our last night in Arizona we went to dinner at our favorite place. Sorry Krista (it's her favorite place too), but we went to Cafe Rio.

Great Food...

Great Company...

The kids love it as well...

As we were getting ready to leave, I realized that in the
two and a half weeks I had been here I had not taken any
pictures of me with my sweet Arizona grandchildren.


It was sad to go and made me realize how hard it is to live so far away from family (especially the grandchildren). But then it makes our visits more special, we try to get the most out of every minute.
One event that Kate and Quinten are trying to do is to break Paige from her pacifiers (pacies). I asked her if she would put her pacifiers in a bag and send them home with me so I could give them to Gizmo (our cat). She thought that was a great idea. So as we were leaving for the airport she put them in a bag, but she was confused thinking she was going with us to give them to Gizmo herself.
We got over that hurdle but Kate said as they left the airport she asked for a "pacie" and then had a complete meltdown when Kate said they were on their way to Gizmo. I told Paige I would send her a picture of Gizmo with her pacie:

Gizmo had to check it out first...

After dipping it in cat food Nicholas was finally able to get
Gizmo to at least put it near his mouth. He's not a real fan
of pacifiers. But now Paige can see Gizmo with her pacifier.

Thanks Quinten and Kate for a great trip and the time I was able to spend with you and the children. I loved being able to spend time with you and helping out.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness... this is hilarious. I can't wait to show Paige in the morning.

Krista Adamow said...

I am still laughing at Gizmo with the pacifier in his mouth!! Poor cat and poor Paige!

Krista Adamow said...

Oh yeah, and I am crying over missing Cafe Rio. Really...

Jeanne said...

Aren't you the clever Grandma?! We all got a chuckle out of this. What a great idea! You look wonderful Karen! Glad you had such a nice time with your family!

Kendall said...

It's a great look for Gizmo. The hot pink pacifier really brings out the yellow in his eyes. It sounded like a great idea even if Paige wasn't too thrilled.