Monday, March 1, 2010

Trip from HECK

Sorry no pictures but I had to share this experience, mainly so I could remember it.

Today was a trip very much anticipated...I got to fly to Arizona to help Quinten and his family, or I should say Kate, out with the arrival of little Allie Quinn. But after arriving at the airport the trip took a very negative turn.

After checking in I went to go through security, so far so good until the scanner guy asked if the purple suitcase was mine. I said yes...then I was informed that I could not carry on the cans of Skyline Chili that I had. I asked why. I was told that they were considered a liquid. After a long discussion and pleading that it was the only thing my son had requested that I bring, they took them away. I began to have a meltdown, but quickly got control of myself and continued on to my gate. The following events then occurred:

My gate had been changed, after finding my new gate I needed a diet Coke because I was still on the verge of a breakdown, so I went to Chick-Fil-A and got my coke. By the time I returned to my gate the coke was gone only to discover that the cup was so full of ice that I was given about 4 oz of coke.

By then I needed to use the restroom. After finishing my "duty" I discovered there was no toilet paper. Good thing I carry Kleenex. I then went to wash my hands, no paper towels. Well that was o.k. But then I decided to walk back to Chick-Fil-A, still fuming about the lost chili, to plead my case about having too much ice and not enough pop. After several minutes of trying to get my nerve up (because fast food places in airports do not give refills) a worker called over to me and said, "Would you like a refill?" Well my spirits were lifted.

I walked back to my gate and they were starting to board so I quickly went to the restroom for a quick pit-stop. As I was sitting in a stall I looked at my luggage and noticed that brown water was dripping from my purse that was sitting on top of the luggage. I quickly stood up and looked inside my purse to discover that my large pop cup had sprung a leak. Two-thirds of my pop was now in my purse being soaked up by my books, calendar, leather wallet and anything else that it could seep into. I grabbed all the toilet paper I could to try and soak it up knowing that the plane was boarding. I quickly finished my business, went to the sink and spread out all the contents of my purse on the counter to try and dry what I could. It was a lost cause. I threw everything back into my purse (threw out my pop) and headed to the gate. I showed my boarding pass and the lady said she needed to see my I.D. WHAT? When did they start that?

Well I finally boarded, found my seat and tried to figure out why I just had an hour and a half of "heck" when I realized that my seat was #13. I will never choose that seat again.

I am now safe and sound at Quinten's house having a great time with the grandkids and anticipating dinner at Cafe Rio.

Pictures will be posted very soon.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

Wow! Sounds fun. I am actually laughing because I can just picture you with steam coming out of your ears. Also note to your self: Chick-fil-a always gives free refills.That's one of their awesome policies.Sorry about your purse though. Hopefully everything has dried out. Have fun with that adorable new baby.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. That is one of those days that I just want to reboot the whole day and start over again! Congratulations on your new grandbaby.