Today, Christine Noble and her sisters hosted "The Apple Agenda-The Great Gala Bake-Off". Each sister baked five different dishes made with apples. Then each of the guests tasted each dish and voted. There were several categories. You were given a small colorful strip of paper for each category and you were to place your votes in the Mason jars by each dish. I could not believe how many apple dishes they came up with; sweet dishes, apple/cheese, and Christine even had a smoked salmon with apple horseradish.
Below, one of my favorites was the "Apple in a Sleeping Bag."
It was delicious but I really liked the title.
I didn't take pictures of all of the dishes and wished I had close-ups of
the tags with the titles. They were very cleaver.
My favorite choice was actually one of Christine's dishes:
Apple and Cheese Quesadilla
They were out-of-this-world. I ate five triangles, what a pig!
Doesn't Colleen look so cute pregnant?
The Four Diehl sisters, grandma Diehl on the left and an "adopted" sister on the right.
It was a great afternoon, but I am stuffed and won't eat for at least 24 hours.
Thanks Christine for inviting me.
Hope all of you are having a great day.

7 comments:
Wow! $1.94? We just barely went under $3. Like $2.99 or something.
The apple party looks so fun. What a neat idea.
Colleen's mom is darling, and so is Colleen. And I don't even think she looks pregnant yet. How fun that you get to see them!
Colleen is pregnant?? What big news! And the apple party makes me miss Fall even more. So back to the more pressing issue... Colleen is pregnant?!!
What a fun party! I sure wish you'd gotten recipes to share!
Yes, Colleen is pregnant and due May 10th. They are very excited. It's the first on both sides so the baby is already spoiled (and should be).
If I get any recipes and it's o.k. with the cooks, I will share them. They were incredible.
I can't believe it...$1.94!!!! Utah's gas is still around 2.60. Just another reason we should all move back to Ohio.
Yeah Kendall, isn't that the truth! It's around $2.45 here today.
Post a Comment