The last part of our trip we left Utah and drove north to Idaho.
I wish I were a photographer and had a better camera because this view was spectacular. The Tetons (in the background) are really made of three peaks. They are rugged looking but beautiful. We couldn't stop watching them as we drove up to Targhee Ski Resort which is in Wyoming just over the Idaho boarder.
One of Tom's brothers (Joe) was recovering from a serious broken leg, so one day he and his wife Bobby were kind enough to ski with me.
At the end of each day, the 'boys' had to relax in the
outside hot tub. It was quite comical seeing how
they dressed. Look at those sexy legs!
On Sunday, Tom and I took a break from skiing and drove into Rexburg where BYU-Idaho is. We went to church with Emily and Jeff. Emily lived with us last summer in New York while she was working on an internship in Interior Design. She and Jeff were "just friends" at the time. Yes, Tom and I thought there was more, but Emily was a bit clueless. It was great to see them again and to see them as a 'real couple.'
After church they took us up to the Rexburg Temple
that is just on the edge of campus. It is a gorgeous temple
and looks beautiful sitting on the hill.

5 comments:
Looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad you guys could come to Utah as well. We really enjoyed seeing you and Dad. I love the new blog background too.
Oh man! I get a homesick kind-of-feeling whenever I see pictures of the west! Part of my heart is there! Looks like you had a great time! I'm hoping to get in shape enough to try the bunny hills next winter!
hi Karen...i read your blog!
I miss skiing out west. Take me with you next year!!
Post a Comment