Sunday, April 26, 2009

A HUGE DAY!

My day (Saturday) started out at 6:00 AM. I wanted to start a new tradition as the Young Women's President in our ward by kidnapping those girls having a birthday in a given month and taking them to breakfast in their PJ's. For the month of May we have 2 girls celebrating their birthdays. So one of my counselors and I went by their homes at 7:00 and "literally" pulled them out of bed:

When we turned on Eliza's lights and pulled her covers off she came up fighting. It kind of scared us. But then she started laughing. What a cutie!


Onto Becca's room. She was so embarrassed, but at least we didn't take a picture of her room. 
I had forgotten how teenage girls live.

We arrived at IHOP, all wearing our PJ's. This
is not a very good picture, but then we had a
goofy waitress take it.

To celebrate their birthdays, the waitresses brought the girls an ice cream sundae and sang to them. Of course the sundae was eaten before they finished their pancakes and eggs. It was a lot of fun and hopefully be a tradition that will last a long time.

Earlier this week, Mark (Tom's brother) and Linda had a death in their family. Linda's brother passed away last Sunday. Linda and her family are from Wilmington, Ohio which is just north of here. So Friday, Tom and I were able to drive up and attend his funeral. We didn't know him, but we were honored to be able to go and support Linda and her family. 

Yesterday, Mark drove down to spend the day with us. It was great to have some family come to visit. Mark and Tom visited while I was at a meeting and then off to a Mexican restaurant for lunch we went. It was great being able to talk and get caught up.

We then took Mark over to Nick and Denise's so Mark could see them. Mark had never met Denise. It was fun visiting and admiring their garden. They have everything you would need to eat. You should see their asparagus, just amazing.

Then back to the house so Mark could visit with Krista and Josh. Mark also had never met Josh. It was a great trip for him to get to know two "in-laws" he had never met. We ate, drank pop, played cards and of course had to introduce him to a famous Ohio game:

CORNHOLE

We introduced Jim and his family to cornhole last summer and they went right home and built their own boards. Even though the weather was getting a bit warm, they played several games.

Mark had to get back to Linda and her family so we said goodbye. But it was sure a fun day to have him here and to be able to visit and enjoy his company. We just wish Linda could have joined us as well.

Tom and I then ended our day by meeting some friends Tom use to work with before we moved to New York at, YES, another restaurant, for dinner. I can't believe that I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at a restaurant today. I'm just glad today is Fast Sunday.


4 comments:

Kate said...

What a fun, newsy post! Those YW are lucky to have you. And how fun to have Mark visit. We love him!

Christine said...

Holy cow! What a fun day! I didn't know you were YW president. Those are some lucky, lucky girls. I've been in YW for the last 5 years. It's a tough but rewarding place to be.

Kristin said...

A hugely yummy day!

Kenneth said...

With a game named CORNHOLE it's no wonder we don't visit you in Ohio.