This weekend is the Gus Macker Basketball Tournament. The YMCA has hosted this for several years. The city closes down some main streets and over 400 teams come in and compete over the two days. Well on Thursday I was mowing the lawn and had a premonition of a large van pulling up the driveway and the people in the van saying that they would like to see our house explaining that they are here for Gus Macker but are also looking for a house because they are moving into the area.
Well it was a wonderful thought but what are the chances that would really happen. Yesterday (Saturday), Tom and I went on our weekly bike ride. We rode for 25 miles. When we got home we started right in on some projects around the house. Our first one was to wash out the screened-patio and sky lights. We had it all done and Tom was just finishing the sky lights on the roof when...a huge SUV pulled up into the driveway. The wife was yelling out the window to Tom but he couldn't understand what she was saying so I walked down to their van. Now I was still a sweaty mess and in my biking clothes, not in shape to greet visitors.
I approached her window and she asked if we had "papers" on our house. She said, "We are looking to move to this area from Virginia and are checking out homes for sale. How many bedrooms/bathrooms do you have?"
Well I about passed out right there on the driveway. I couldn't believe this was happening. I answered her questions and then said we didn't have any papers but they were welcome to come and look at the house. She was so surprised we would let them look on the spur of the moment. After they pulled the car up and opened the doors the parents climbed out with 5 children, yes, 5 children. I took them on a tour.
They loved the house and spent over an hour with us. They even have 2 dogs and 3 cats. They were on their way to the Finger Lakes for a family camping trip and where checking out the areas between Binghamton and Norwich. They did not like Binghamton but really felt "at home here". She said they would be back the first week of August.
I don't know what will happen but just that it happened just like my "dream" was too much. Keep you fingers crossed, this might be the family for our home!

5 comments:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
I'm so impressed that you have a Widget.
Greetings from Micronesia. Sounds great. See you in a couple weeks.
Al echoed my words..."Wow, she must be doing something right!" You're in tune!!! I love it when this kind of stuff happens!
Oh my goodness! What have you been doing right these days? That great though. I hope things work out because Rhaegan and I are coming to cincinnati in September whether you're there or not (hopefully you are though).
I loved this post and this blog.
Have a nice week.
Post a Comment