Today I had a "first." We went for our 20-mile morning bike ride and about a quarter of a mile from home I got a flat. I have never had a flat. Walking home with a flat tire wearing clipped shoes is no fun.
Later we decided to take the ferry to Ocracoke and have lunch...
Along the way we started a few Geo-Cachings.
For one of them you had to show your Garmin next to a ferry symbol and then email the photo for more information. Normally I wouldn't stand on a hot ferry with my arm in the air.
Once on Ocracoke Island, we hit our favorite lunch hangout:
Howard's Pub.
After dinner, before the big storm hit, we wanted some ice cream so we decided to walk over to the new ice cream shop, "Cupps and Cones." Well, just for your information, it's not worth it. The ice cream was very tasty (Edys I had Birthday Cake and Chocolate Fudge Brownie), but the portions were extremely small and the price was high. Dairy Queen has my vote.
Well I have to stop because the Wizard and Rummy-down cards are calling us. Hope to hear from all of you.

4 comments:
Well, I have a few comments, of course... (do I comment TOO much??):
We've never tried Geo-Caching, and I think it sounds like a lot of fun.
And I'm awaiting the day when I can be considered "grown-up" enough to eat lunch at Howard's Pub. :)
And finally, the Scotch Bonnet was painted like that last year. I have a picture of it.
I actually wasn't quite done with what I was going to say, and I accidentally posted. Annoying! I fear my final comment comes across rudely. It was not meant to be that way!
Anyway, yes, you cannot miss the Scotch Bonnet. I remember last year when Kendall and I went there, we were pretty surprised at the yellow.
Oh, and that's pretty amazing that you've never had a flat tire! At least you were close to home. How many miles total have you gone now?
I'm off to make some carbonara for dinner. Yummm.
Kate, I think you are grown-up enough now to go to Howard's Pub. We will plan it for next year. I guess us old farts have faulty memories because none of us remember SB being that bright. But the fudge is as good as ever. Oh, you didn't sound rude at all.
We will have to make Geo-Caching one of our activities next year, it's a riot.
Oooooooooooh, I had a flat on my bike in Hueston Woods when we all still lived in Oxford. I remember walking back home from there. The next day at church someone said, "I saw you walking with your bike yesterday on Brown Road." I thought to myself that if I had WANTED to walk that I wouldn't have brought my bike, so WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP AND ASK IF I NEEDED HELP?
Anyway, I now have a hand pump and tire tube with me.
Post a Comment