Monday, July 28, 2008

A Year of Changes

Going through the beach house we discovered some nice changes.  There were still many of the old things like the same basket of flowers on the dining table and the "weird" lady picture on the living room wall, but then there were some wonderful surprises.

All of the bathrooms were re-wallpapered.  
These two photos are of the bathrooms all of you used.
It really made a difference.

Then just up the street next to "Frank and Fran" there is a new ice cream shop.  
You will never guess what its name is:


I love the bright colors, you can't miss it!
We haven't tried it out yet, it is always very busy.

Well we are having a great time.  There was lots of lightening and rain last night through this morning.  We didn't get to go out on our bike ride until 9:30 am.  We rode to the lighthouse in Buxton and had to dodge a lot of huge puddles.  We were quite muddy when we got back.
Tonight we are having roast, sweet potatoes, broccoli, fruit and rolls.  Sorry Krista...
The beach is very crowded this year and we are not sure why since the stores and other places do not seem to be as congested.  
I will have more for you tomorrow.  We miss all of you.

5 comments:

Kate said...

NO WAY! They even spell it with 2 Ps. How fun!!! Those bathrooms look a LOT better. Especially the smaller one. It was so dark before.

Kendall said...

Ok...this may be the only comment I make because I did not enjoy looking at all the pictures of my favorite place on earth and knowing that I wasn't going to be enjoying them in person. Okay, I will still comment but I'm not happy about it. Colleen and Matt look great. Tell them hi from us.

Kate said...

Yes, I meant to say that before too. Matt looks so cleanly shaven and has such a nice hair cut. What's the occasion? And Colleen looks as lovely as always.

Kate said...

To clarify... because I just re-read my comment and it doesn't make very good sense.... I meant that I also wanted to comment about how great Matt & Colleen look. And not clean-shaven... just trimmed up nicely. :)

mapacupps said...

Kate, you are too funny! Kendall we really miss you guys, all of you! It is almost too quiet.