Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Goodbye Idaho Cupps

Jim, Robbie, Jamie and Mattie returned on Sunday after spending a few days with the New Jersey Cupps (Steve).  For the next two days we had to use our time wisely to get all of our game playing in.  Wizard and Rummy-down (and even a little Golf) were big card game hits. But the weather has been so nice we had to go outside:

They didn't know what Corn-hole was...

But soon became experts...

We played and played and played...

And even created some new ways to play, like having three on a team.
I was just glad that Mattie and Jamie were good score keepers.
It got very confusing.
I'm not sure if our neighbors shared our enthusiasm with all the noise we were making.  When the bags hit the board, they make quite a sound.

Bocci Ball was also another game we introduced to them
which became another favorite.

Doesn't my yard look great.
The girls kept saying how they loved all the "green."

Gizmo didn't want to be left out...
He kept jumping and jumping and jumping some more...

Until he finally went high enough to get the toy Mattie taped to the wall.

It was wonderful having family visiting with us, especially now that we will be leaving New York.  But we can't wait to have a lot of visitors once we get settled in Cincinnati.
Thanks for coming Jim, Robbie, Jamie and Mattie.  We had a great time showing you around the city and having you here.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Glad the cornhole boards are getting used. That would be such a hit down here.

Kendall said...

I am actually going to miss the new york house. I didn't think I would but the pictures of the yard and the girls playing cornhole made me remember the fun summer nights in Norwich. I am super excited though to come to Cincinnati instead. Can't wait until September.

mapacupps said...

We want lots of visitors! (I will "need" lots of visitors)

Christine said...

We'll visit.

Gizmo is quite the athlete.

Nicholas Cupps said...

If anyone needs an extra bedroom, we are only 15 minutes away. Sure beats the 10 hours as before.

We are very excited to have you guys so close.