This past weekend my brothers and sisters and I had a surprise party for our parents to celebrate 55 years of marriage. It was wonderful to be able to bring so many family members together, but especially to surprise my parents. My brother Kenneth and his wife Kathy spent hours making all of the arrangements. We used the relief society room at their church and it was decorated with poster-sized copies of mom and dad's wedding pictures. We had so much fun visiting and sharing family memories of growing up in the "Plumb" family.
Mom and Dad with their children
Katrina, Kenneth, Karen, Kevin and Kayleen
My grandchildren with their cousin, Peter.
Oma and Opa with their five great-grandchildren.
It was quite a feat to get them together with smiles. Poor Paige was having a hard time and Peter had other things he wanted to do.
Sometimes I wish it were like the old days when families lived close by, but then events like this surprise anniversary party wouldn't be as special.

3 comments:
I can't remember the last time that many of us were together! It was so much fun seeing everyone and catching up. And of course your highlight was your grandchildren--they are all adorable.
Nice recap and great pictures! It was a great weekend, and it really would be better if we all lived closer to each other.
The picture of the five Great Grankids is hilarious. Paige reminds me of Krista. There is a picture of Krista doing the exact same thing when she was that age. If I find it I'm going to post it. Thanks for everything, Mom. We really enjoyed having you here. See you in 1 month!!
Post a Comment