Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Surprise Was On Me!

This weekend all of my brothers and sisters got together (my two sisters and I flew in, my two brothers live here) to surprise our parents for their fifty-fifth wedding anniversary. We have been planning this for only a few months, so were nervous that we could pull it off. I arrived Thursday night and went to Kendall and Shae's to "hide out." It was weird not to go straight to Oma and Opa's house. But we had to keep it a surprise.

Kendall and I spent all day Friday shopping and getting things we needed to make some salads. My brother Kenneth and his wife Kathy did most of the preparation, but luckily Katrina (another sister) and I were able to arrive a few days early to help make some of the food.

While we were busy cooking, Rhaegan was busy jumping on her
new "big girl" bed. She has decided that the new baby needed
to use her crib.

Yes, Kendall is really pregnant! She's due in March.

While I was preparing the salads, Kendall and Shae kept getting phone calls and were running in and out of their condo. I didn't pay much attention, but then all of a sudden I heard this young voice say, "Hi, Grandma." For a split second I thought "that isn't Rhaegan's voice." And then the surprise was on me...I turned around and there stood Tyson, my eldest grandson. Quinten and Kate and their three children drove all the way up from Arizona to attend the anniversary party, but didn't tell me they were coming. I almost passed out.

The party for Oma and Opa will be wonderful, but having two of my children and their families here to help celebrate was the most special part of the whole event. Thanks Quinten and Kendall and your families for making this the best party ever.

More pictures of the party are to follow...

3 comments:

Nicholas Cupps said...

Wish we could be there. Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun.

Christine said...

Kendall is a BEAUTIFUL pregnant lady.

Have fun.

Krista said...

OH WOW!! How exciting. I love surprises. Kendall, your bump is very cute. Wish we could be there with you guys. Less than 40 days now. Kate and QT- feel free to surprise us again at Christmas time!