Buenos Dias!
We finally arrived in San Juan, but only after having a delay in Philadelphia. The first big adventure was my accident getting off the bus at the rental car place. I don't know what happened, but I was walking down the steps of the bus, holding my backpack, purse and luggage. I guess I misjudged the step down to the ground and fell. My left knee went right into the luggage and the right leg jammed onto the ground. It hurt so bad that I almost threw-up. But so what else is new. It only made exercising this morning a bit painful.
Put that all aside, we are having a great time. It is warm and humid. The hotel is awesome. It is top-of-the-line Marriott right on the beach. The pool area is large, even with a waterslide.
There are fountains in one of the pools and lots of 'bars' around to get drinks.
But I decided to go out to the beach. The warning signs were up to not go into the ocean, but many were taking the challenge. Lots of pop-up thunderstorms take place so you have to get out to the water quickly when the sun is shining.
Last night we were hungry so went to explore what was out there for dinner. We found this awesome Mexican place called Tijuana's. The burritos we ordered were some of the best we have ever eaten and they were huge. Of course I ate the whole thing. It was a bit loud because the owner entertained with singing to pre-recorded music. He was a good singer, but the place was so small, the music was so loud and of course the patrons were really getting to his singing that is got a bit crazy. We were actually glad to have some piece and quiet!
There's not a lot around the hotel to see and without a car it is going to be difficult to get around. But we'll see, maybe I will take a chance on the public transportation.
The big news - our realtor in Norwich called and showed the house to a "very" interested couple on Saturday and then they went back today. Keep your fingers crossed!
Adios

3 comments:
Sorry for the duplicate photo. I am getting frustrated with figuring out how to layout these pages and then make changes.
Seriously... how cool is it that you're posting from PR! These are great photos. Looks like an awesome hotel. Can't wait to hear more about the trip!
Ok...you really need to ivite me along on some of these little trips of yours. I am so jealous looking at the pictures. It looks like so much fun. Have you gone down the waterslide yet? You really should.
Post a Comment