This area of San Juan is strictly for tourists. There are no stores, except for a few like Gucci, no museums, or any other places to visit. You have to take a taxi to get out of this area to see anything. Yesterday I spent some time on the beach and got crispy-crittered so today was a "lay-low" day. Tom and I did go for a walk after one of his meetings to make sure we weren't missing any sights. The following pictures were the only sights of interest:
A view of our hotel.
A very small, but nice park by the Gucci-like stores.
Of course the ocean.
The waves have been huge and most beaches have the "do not enter" signs out.
It has not been too hot, around 84 degrees, but it is pretty humid. There have been a lot of pop-up rain showers. It just reminds me of Ohio in the summer.
We did go to an ice cream (helado) shop. It was wonderful, but very expensive. One scoop was $4.50. I did find a Subway and they even have the $5.00 footlong special. So tomorrow that will be my outing. Wow! I am having fun working on my spanish talking to the male maids. Yes, male maids. They don't have girls who clean the rooms, guys do it. It's kind of weird, but they are very friendly (and cute) and I have been able to get extra free bottles of water out of them. Nice, hah!
Well, buenas tardes for now.

3 comments:
Josh and I are jealous of the waves in San Juan! We have a Subway here but they don't honor the 5 dollar footlong special... sorry! Just three days now. Can't wait!
It seems so strange to me that things are so expensive there. But I guess that's resort living at it's best. How fun. I'm just a little jealous. Next time I think you need to take the whole fam to PR.
I want to take the whole family somewhere, but PR wouldn't be my first choice. I do want it to be spanish speaking though because I'm working hard on my spanish and want to try it out. I guess I need to come and live with my spanish-speaking in-laws (and son) so I can learn it first hand.
Post a Comment