Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Past and The Future, Part 2

THE PAST:
We were living in Walnut Creek, California while Tom was completing a post-doctoral fellowship at UC Berkeley.  We arrived in August 1982.  In Dec, Kendall was born.  Quinten and Nicholas liked having a sister.  We were living in a second floor apartment.  A very crusty lady lived below us. Every time the kids would make a sound she would take a broom stick and hit her ceiling repeatedly to tell us to be quiet.  We had to live like church mice in our own apartment.  Try and keep three active children quiet, it was quite a challenge.

THE FUTURE:

I think the hair coloring is similar, although Paige sure has a lot more than Kendall did.  

THE PAST:

Just before we moved from California to Ohio we took a trip to southern California to meet our friends, the Carruths.  They were visiting Laura's parents "farm."  It was Easter so we had an Easter egg hunt in the yard.  Kendall just didn't want to participate after she had a few eggs in her basket, so she just sat down.  We could not get her to move.


THE FUTURE:

I always remembered Kendall's hair being very blonde.  Boy, do I have a bad memory. Rhaegan's hair is the real blonde.  She is like her mommy though, when she doesn't want to do something she just sits down.  At least that's what Grandma Cupps remembers.  But remember I am getting old and the memory is worn out.

Stay tune for Part 3.  

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are getting so good at blogging... and these are AWESOME pictures and stories!!! I love it! I had no idea Kendall's hair was so dark when she was little! And your three kids sure do resemble our little brood. How fun. These posts are just too good!

Kendall said...

Oh my goodness!! Mt hair was so dark compared to Rhaegan's. I love your blogs, Mom. You are getting so good at it. Keep them coming.