Jim, Robbie, Jamie and Mattie came to visit us before we left New York. The first few days were filled with visiting and playing games like Bocce ball, Wizard and Rummy-down. Those girls could play sixteen hours a day if the rest of us had the energy.
Tuesday we planned a trip to the "Big Apple." The day started (leaving at 5:00am) at Liberty State Park getting on a boat to take us to the Statue of Liberty.
Me, Robbie, Jamie and Mattie
Ellis Island and the Statue are in the background.
Jim and Jamie - the boat is leaving from the New Jersey side.
The boat briefly stopped at Ellis Island to let passengers off
but we opted to stay on the boat and just head to the statue.
Over fifteen years ago we visited the Statue of Liberty with Steve (Tom's oldest brother) and his family. We took a picture at this flag pole so I wanted a picture with Jim's family at the same flag. It's a bit dark, sorry.
Tom, me, Jamie and Mattie with Lady Liberty
Jamie, Jim, Robbie and Mattie
Jamie and Mattie in front of the MTV store.
We visited several stores and checked out the times for some broadway shows. It was finally time to get dinner. We ate at a great Mexican place called Chevy's that Krista and Josh introduced us to the last time we were in the city.

5 comments:
I didn't know you guys were doing any of that. I didn't even know that Jim and Robbie and the girls were going to be in town. It looks like you guys had fun and saw a lot of stuff. Did Jamie dye her hair red or is that her natural color?
Did Morgan buy dinner?
I love him in "March of the Penguins".
How fun! I had been wondering how their visit was. The girls are looking so much older than the last time I saw them. I think Jamie is looking more and more like Robbie while Mattie is looking more and more like Jim. Jamie looks especially older and thinner. Sheesh! Time flies. And I'm confused about Kendall's comment... hasn't Jamie's hair always been that color?
I don't know if Jamie's hair is the natural color. I will ask when they get back her from Steve's, but yes they both have really grown up.
Post a Comment