Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Last Day in Barcelona

After not being able to get on a tour we wanted to, we
decided to do some more walking.
We found this market place that was incredible. I don't
know why it is not advertised. It is a huge version of
Findley market in Cincinnati. But as you can see the
individual stands are well displayed and very clean.


Fish


More Fish


Fish again… Where's the beef?
There was a lot of beef, but the fish was intriguing 
because there was fish I had never heard of and 
sections of fish for sale I didn't know you could eat.

In fact, dad had fish in a Paella last night and didn't
know what he was eating. They were whitish rings.
We found them in this market and learned it was 
Calamari Annula. (sp?)  We joked that 
it was the annus of a squid!!


Closer visit to the Arc de Tromp


More bike stations:


I wish I had a pedometer on because I would love to
know how far we walked today, but it was great
seeing more sites and sites we've seen before.

Tonight we are going to a concert at the famous
Paulu de la Musica Catalana


The Barcelona Guitar Trio are performing.
It should be awesome.


I'm excited to see this concert hall. We were going
to take a tour, but decided to just see it when we
go to the concert.


Tomorrow we leave Barcelona.

It has been an awesome two weeks but I am ready to
be home where I don't have to breathe in cigarette smoke
(I'm sure I am bringing home lung cancer)
and pay 1 euro to pee.

Adios!

and Thanks for reading my blog!


2 comments:

Nicholas Cupps said...

That sea food looks amazing. You should have tried some... Have a safe trip back.

Kate said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear about the concert! That would have been a real treat for me. Safe travels. And thanks for all of your pictures and posts. So amazing to see all you have been doing!!!