Waverly Hill Drive Is the Winner!
We put an offer in and after a few counters we agreed. The only thing we are waiting on is agreement on the closing and move in dates. They want to close and leave a bit sooner than we think we could get everything together. But right now is stands that we close on the 18-19 of August and take occupancy on the 5th of Sept.
It's a reality now.
Just a side note for all of you who voted for Gregory. Our realtor tried all day on Tues. and then Wed. morning to get a hold of the realtor so we could find out if the price included the remodeling of the basement. The guy never called her back. In the meantime we found the Waverly home and needed to make a decision. The Waverly home had only been on the market since Monday and several were scheduled to see it yesterday and today. We also found out that within that one day we looked at all those homes, the one on Island Cove (had the pool and was just around the corner from Waverly) sold. We needed to move quickly. So after seeing how immaculate Waverly was and we felt so good and comfortable with it, we made the offer.
Well then just as we were signing the papers, Gregory called. The realtor has been in the ER with kidney stones. Yes, the price included finishing the basement. Well we still feel really good about our choice and there are too many reasons to list here.
Thanks for all of your opinions and encouragement. Now the next hurdle is to sell the house in Norwich.
Keep your fingers crossed!

4 comments:
I'm glad the search is over and that you found one that you love. Congrats!
I really like it. I actually hadn't even looked at that one but I love it and I'm glad it's over. I think you should put a pool in anyway since the one with a pool sold too quickly.
Great! Now Josh and I don't have to worry about our flights to Cinncy in December. Let me know when I should fly back to help you move and paint the new house.
I go to St. Louis for a conference and I miss so much. Congratulations! The house looks beautiful, and it seems like 'you' for whatever that means. I'll bet it's a relief. You really did your homework. I keep hearing that houses aren't selling in this market, but it seems like all of the ones you liked are going fast.
Post a Comment