Saturday, June 14, 2008

House Hunting Trip

MAYBE...a great discovery.  Wanting to win the fight against the deer destroying my garden I went to Walmart and they sold me this solution:

I was so excited I went home and started spraying it everywhere.  I almost threw-up as I was spraying it because the smell was so bad.  So I read the ingredients...the first two were sulfur (egg products) and garlic.  It smelled like rotten urine.  I thought this would surely help with the problem.  The next morning we saw that the deer had been back.  They must be so hungry they are willing to eat anything.  It does have a 100% money-back guarantee.  

Friday (yesterday) we left for Cincinnati on our house hunting adventure.  We flew into Columbus and guess who was sitting at a gate three gates down?  Nick and Denise.  They were on their way to St. George, Utah to see Denise's family before her parents leave on their three year mission to the Ukraine.

It was great seeing them.  We were able to get Nick's car keys so we could use his car instead of a rental and then it would save them parking fees.

We are staying in the "Cupps' Bed and Breakfast":

and babysitting the "grand" dogs Charlie and Chandler.

They weren't quite sure what was going on when we walked in and then went to bed.  About an hour into our sleep they started barking.  We tried everything to quite them down and then I remembered that they usually sleep in Nick and Denise's room with them.  So being the wonderful grandma that I am, I slept on top of their bed with the two dogs so we could all get some sleep.
The Cupps' B&B

Nick and Denise have been too busy keeping us updated on their incredible garden, so I thought I would catch you up.  The garden is in full bloom with too many veggies from broccoli to rhubard.

On the patio there are containers with fresh herbs.
It's gorgeous and smells great (unlike my garden with the rotten urine smell)

I know this all occurred yesterday, so stayed tune, in just a minute the adventures of house hunting will follow.

2 comments:

Nick said...

What a nice surprise to find them in the airport!! So who was more surprised, you or them?

Kate said...

I don't know what to say about sleeping with the dogs. I'm just laughing.
I'm SO impressed with the garden. And how great that you have a nice (free!) place to stay and a nice (free!) car to drive. Nick & Denise are great!!