Just this week the plants in the yard have exploded and I just wanted to share a few pictures...
These irises are blooming all around the yard...
Another picture of the irises in the backyard.
They are multiplying everywhere.
The one disaster - the deer.
They are so bold this year that they have even came down onto the stone patio. I had beautiful lupins, hostas and other plants that were huge and overnight this is what I found. This particular plant was thick with leaves and purple flowering pods. It made me sick. I need Josh's BB gun!

4 comments:
I'm sorry about the deer. I had a friend in Ohio whose mom kept a battery powered radio (a cheap one) going all the time in her garden. It kept the deer away, and they lived right at the edge of the woods with lots of deer.
Christine,
Thanks for the advise. We have been using moth balls but it's not working anymore. The radio is a great idea.
I LOVE those irises. Your yard is amazing. And it is so huge... you forgot to mention the hours and hours you spend to keep it looking SO lovely!!!
too bad you are going to be moving. You;ll have to make your new house even prettier. How's the house hunting going?
Post a Comment