I thought looking for a house would be a lot of fun. But I am here to tell you it is the pits. We are so tired and confused that we have decided to buy a triple-wide and call it quits. By now all of the homes have run together and even with our notes we can't remember anything. Well, almost!
We saw 14 homes today. I am going to give you the MLS numbers and website and you can check them out. Go to www.sibcycline.com. Then go to the little box on the left where is says "Quick Search". Click on "start here" and then pull down to the "MLS number". Enter in one of the following three numbers and look at the homes. Remember that pictures do not speak a thousand words. I was very surprised how different the homes looked in person.
These are not in any order of preference because I don't want to influence you:
#1119779, #1111592, #1128550. Each of these are "move-in-ready." There are some things I would change, like painting some rooms a different color or changing a light fixture etc.
But let us know what you think.
I do want to share the following pictures of a basement in one of the homes we looked at. The house itself was nice, but I wasn't overly impressed and then we went downstairs:
To the left is an incredible bar. Straight ahead is a stool area to
watch T.V. or pool from while eating.
I am standing on a raised area that has a couch that you can
sit on to watch a pool game of even see the T.V.
There are three T.V.'s in this room.
Another view of the barstool area. In the back you see
the glass doors that lead into an exercise room, very cool.
Perfect for spinning.
I looked on the "improvement" list the owners had. They reported that they spent $65,000 on remodeling the basement. It's gorgeous but what a waste!
We didn't have time for lunch and were absolutely starving so stopped
into Mongolian Grill for an early dinner. It's a great place!
We had to hurry home because the "boys" (dogs) needed to be fed and walked. Boy they were happy to see us.
We have another full day of looking at homes on Monday so I will keep you posted.

6 comments:
Here is our review:
Whispering Pine: We think the outside of the house is very cute, great price, but the kitchen seems alittle small for your needs. Hard to tell much more from the pictures. The bedroom wall cubby area is interesting.
Glen Echo: Very impressive from the outside (nice yard). I wish there were more pictures but the kitchen and living area look nice and newly remodeled. How are the bedrooms and bathrooms?
Carriage: Also very impressive from the outside. I like the windows in the living room. The kitchen is SO white. Josh says black tiles should be installed! The back porch is perfect for grilling and summer parties! Or for a hot tub!! Also close to Dad's job.
Good Choices. Where are the other 11 that you saw!?!
Will check houses later, but I love Bd's.
OH,Karen. I'm feeling your pain. We looked at 31 houses in one day when we moved here. I was pregnant and it was 90 degrees.
I'm a big fan of 3 car garages. We don't have one, but we need a riding mower because we have almost an acre of land. I wish it had its own space.
I think the Glen Echo house may be near Vonnie. More on that in an email.
I love the Carriage house, but I would never have to clean the windows.
I know I'm not family so who cares what I think, right?
The second house isn't anywhere near Vonnie, so I have nothing to say about that. Sorry! She's in Liberty Township, not Miami Township.
4786 Carriage Dr. is our favorite. it's a bummer that it only has 3 bedroom but that deck out back....oh my goodness!! Plus it looks newer and it seems to have the least amount of work to fix it up. I love all the windows and the loft area. The kitchen is a little bit too...WHITE, but like josh sadi, put in some dark tile and you're set. The other two are okay. I wasn't too impressed with them though. Have fun tomorrow.
You just need to go with whatever YOU like. You are the one that has to live there!!! But since you're asking for our opinion... here goes:
I love Carriage too. I already told you all my opinions about it in an email. The downside is only 3 bedrooms, but there is the bonus room and the whole basement. I just think this one is gorgeous. It helps that there are 40 photos for us to look at.
I think Whispering Pines is really pretty too. It's so different on the outside. I really like it. I don't think the kitchen looks small. Lots of counter space.
There aren't enough photos of Glen Echo to really tell... but the kitchen is awesome. I don't like how low the ceilings are in the living room.
HOWEVER... since we were just house hunting a little over a year ago, I KNOW that you can't tell much from pictures online. So maybe we just need to have a little family reunion in Cincinnati to help you pick one. :)
Post a Comment