Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Day of Rest???

Today, the Sabbath being a "Day of Rest" is taking on a new meaning.
Boy do I need it.

The morning started out at 5:00 am with some very bright-eyed children who wanted to play.  I finally convinced them that grandma needed just a few more minutes of sleep.  Well they did give me a "few" more minutes.  By 5:30 the day had officially started.  I told Kendall that at least we would not have an excuse for being late to church.

All dressed and ready to leave...

After Church and lunch the "rest" was to officially start...

But reading, playing games and even a little wrestling put a hold on that idea.

Who's the aggressor?


Before we tried a second time for our "rest" to began, the kids wanted to model their new flip-flops they bought yesterday after the soccer games.  We sure have some big feet in this family.

Hope all of you had a "day of rest."


1 comment:

Christine said...

No rest for us either today. We were traveling back from Minnesota. It looks like you are holding up well and the kids are having a great time.