WHAT A DAY!
I am with all of you, I HATE garage sales. With that said, I have to admit that the sale went smoothly and was over by 2:00 pm.
I should have had a contest before to have all of you guess what time the sale would "actually" begin. Jeannie's comment on my previous blog with absolutely correct, Norwichians are CRAZY. No, they are totally insane!
It rained yesterday and during the night, so we decided to keep the sale in the garage and not move everything down.
He bought my old pattern file cabinet that I used for craft items, material and other sewing items. What does a guy want with it? When I helped him load it into his truck, he took out newspaper to wrap some of the drawers we had taken out so they wouldn't get "scratched." Well it was old (1965), but come on!
After all my hard work of de-cluttering, I thought those of you who have seen our basement would appreciate what it looks like now.


The Sale was advertised for Saturday, 9 am to 3 pm. Well, it actually started Friday afternoon.
I was setting up and pricing items when a truck drove up and this guy asked if he could "look." I said what the heck. Of all the things he could have purchased you will never guess what he wanted...
We got up at 6:00 am to get things ready, put the signs out and move the cars. Well the sale started a little earlier than planned. Yes, the first group of customers showed up at 7:26 am. I about died. But the sale went well. The only thing we didn't sell was the freezer and a few small odds and ends (Salvation Army stuff). I was just amazed at what people wanted to buy, very strange. But lucky for us, it was over and cleaned up by 2:00. We made enough on the sale that Tom is going to buy something we were introduced to the other night at some friends house. It was so much fun and I think having it will entice family and friends to want to come and visit us. No, I'm not going to tell you what it is until we get it.
You can actually see the food storage.
Wow, there really is a fireplace and no Ensigns all over the hearth.
Well, I guess we all need to experience at least one garage sale during one's life. It is a great way to meet people (no life-long friends) and to share your "treasures" with others. Stay tune for what the money is going to be used for, you will never guess!

5 comments:
Can I guess!!!!??! I know what you are getting and all I can say is you better get it within 34 days!!
I'm so glad it was a success! And I can't say I'm surprised that no one took the freezer. I mean, look at that rusty old thing! It's kind of gross looking. :)
I can't wait to find out what you are going to get with the proceeds. I have a guess, but I won't reveal it here.
By the way, buying fancy things won't help us to come and visit you. It will just make us MORE sad that we can't be there. :( Those darn ticket prices.
By the way, I had NO IDEA there was a fireplace in the basement!!!
Isn't it crazy what we do when we have to? I remember when we moved off our family farm - we did stuff to the house (for the new owners) that my mom had wanted done for years! The basement looks great! Glad to hear you survived your sale!
Ok I totally know what you're going to buy with the garage sale proceeds....Dad told me already. Well he didn't really tell me but he told me about you guys "playing" something the other day so I'm assuming that's what the surprise will be. The basement looks so different now and I never realized how nice the fireplace was down there.
Post a Comment