Tuesday, August 19, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL!

OUR NEW HOME

We closed today (Monday) on our new home.
Everything went smoothly and we really enjoyed meeting the couple we bought the house from. They are moving just around the corner and actually have many similar interests, like riding bikes. 
 
After the closing, Tom had to go to work so Denise came to the plant and picked me up. I got to spend the afternoon with her and Nils. Nils is a really cool young man. Very polite and excited to be in the U.S. and living with Nick/Denise. Charlie (their dog) has really become attached to him. His english is pretty good and we had fun getting to know each other. For those of you who don't know, Nils is Nick and Denise's foreign exchange student from Germany.  He is 16 and really only 100 pounds soaking wet.

Welcome Nils to the Cupps' family

I tried to get the "red-eye" out of Nils' and Denise's eyes and for some reason my computer completely messed them up.  So they really don't have the green marks on their faces.  
I told Nils that Tom and I can be his "Oma and Opa away from home." He looked at me kind of funny, then Tom jumped right in and spoke to him in german explaining what I meant and he got this big smile on his face.  It was so cute.
We are leaving this afternoon. I will have one day to get ready for the movers because Thursday I leave for Salt Lake City and won't return until the day the movers arrive. I guess this is good because I won't have too much time to dwell on leaving Norwich.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I can't believe how quickly time is flying by. You guys are moving in two weeks!! So weird. Dmitri said he was going to bring the matress down sometime this week. Have fun in Utah. Don't blog about going to Cafe Rio if you go... I just can't take anymore teases.

Christine said...

Congratulations! Your family just grows and grows.

Kendall said...

Nils does looking tiny tiny. I am so excited to have you come out here. Rhaegan for some reason thinks that when you get here you and her are going bowling. I have no idea where she got this but she is set on it so get ready. See you Friday!!

Jeanne said...

Your new home is so beautiful! We're so happy for you guys! We're going to miss you terribly though!!! I feel as though I haven't gotten a chance to say goodbye. We will be leaving Provo & heading home Saturday morning. Jeremiah goes to BYU tomorrow for Late Summer Honors. I'm feeling bittersweet tonight!