Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Week of Goodbyes

This week started a long week of goodbyes.  Since I will be going to Salt Lake City this week and then returning the week we move, I thought I better see some good friends one last time.  I am so mad that I didn't take my camera when I visited Sally Hubbard, had lunch with Sheri Christian and then lunch with Gale Hamstra.  But I had a great time reminiscing about the last 11 years we have been friends.  Gale and I sure went through a lot with our years teaching together, getting our masters together and getting laid off together.  Great memories!
 
Then on Saturday we went to Hamilton to their wonderful farmer's market they hold on the town square.  We met Mike and Pam Smith and Janice and Roger Kent, our great friends from the branch.  We laughed, ate; told stories, ate; shopped and ate some more.  It was wonderful.

This weekend our "foster" daughter had a school friend come to visit.  Jeff is also an Interior Design major at BYU-Idaho.  He has been doing an internship for the past 4 months in NYC. He worked for a company in the city and was on a team who designed apartments/homes for people like Denzel Washington and others.  He had some great stories.  We introduced him to Wizard, Wii, Bocci ball and Cornhole.  It was so fun to have "children" in the home again.

Tomorrow, Tom and I fly to Cincinnati to close on our new home.  We are really excited but I'm having a hard time with "closer" here.  It is stressful to not have sold our home yet and sad to now actually having to say good-bye. Hopefully our friends will be able to come and visit us in Cincy.
 

7 comments:

Nick said...

I will be happy visit you in Cincy!!!

Jeanne said...

I feel sad reading your post! I'm sorry to not be there to say goodbye! Well, how did the talk go? Did you shed a tear?!

JanKent said...

Thanks for sending the blog. WE HAD A GREAT TIME WITH YOU ON Saturday and we were so happy that you joined us. We will visit you in Cincy!! You know how much we love you both. Your talks today were really great and touching for us. I think I'm turning into a big boob!

Kate said...

I've been so excited for your new house and being in Cincy that I really hadn't thought about how hard it will be to leave Norwich. Even I will be SO sad to not go there for the holidays and see all of your great friends from the branch. I know all of those names you mentioned... and I'm pretty sad that I won't get to say goodbye. But you know what a giant cry-baby I am. It's probably better if I'm not there. I can't believe it's already the middle of August.
In any case... we'll visit you in your new house! And please give all those Norwichians an extra hug from us.

Kendall said...

I am so happy that you guys are finally moving back to my "true home" but your blog made me sad. I will actually miss Norwich (I know; shocker). We had some great times there and met some wonderful people. How did your talk go? I was telling shae that you probably "got something in your eye" during it. Come on Mom, we know you shed a tear here and there.

mapacupps said...

Yes Kendall, I got a lot in my eyes. Our talks were o.k. and I tried really hard to hold it together and was doing well until the very last. Then it got to me because I looked out and saw Judie Wright, Vicky Raphael, Leila Van Setters and Cindy Magnani all crying and giving each other Kleenex. I lost it. Big surprise!

Nicholas Cupps said...

Denise, Nils, and I had a great time with you last night at dinner and playing a game of Wizard. We are really excited you will be so close now.