Thursday, August 7, 2008

Garage Sale!

For some of you who have been bothered by my lack to blog since our beach vacation, I got the message loud and clear:
With only 27 days until the big move we decided we better have a garage sale.  There is nothing I hate more than to have a garage sale, but I don't want to take stuff I don't need to our new house either.  So I am biting the bullet and opening up my garage to a bunch of strangers.

These photos show just a small dent in the items for sale.

No our bikes and the ping pong table are not for sale.

I have already sold a lot to members in the branch but there is a long list to go.  We were going to set the items up on the front lawn, but it is suppose to rain hard all day, so the sale is really a garage sale.  Parking is going to be a problem, so we are going to put Krista's car towards the end of the driveway with a sign on the back end telling people to park in the skating rink across the street.
Wish us luck.  I'll let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man. I do not do garage sales! The hours and hours spent in preparation for the few measly dollars you get in return is not worth it to me. I'm all for just donating everything to charity. (I know it can be totally worth it if you have some big ticket items... but what a hassle!) Best wishes. If we were there, we'd totally help. Maybe the proceeds should go to the "buy-everyone-tickets-to-NC-next-summer" fund. :) GOOD LUCK!!

Jeanne said...

Just as you don't envy me & my drive - I don't envy your garage sale preparations! Norwichians are garage sale fiends - you'll have a great sale. Just expect people to start lining up a good half hour before you're supposed to start! Good luck!!

Nick said...

Straight to good will and then use the tax system.

Krista said...

Kerosene, a match, and a party!

Kendall said...

Sorry i haven't been commenting lately but i have been roughing it at good old girls camp and of course blog reading was definitely not allowed. Hope the sale went well. Has Gizmo eaten out of his new dish? It is super cute and even cuter because Dad made it. He's so soft.