Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Tyson Story!

I have the best, most talented and loving grandchildren.
They each have their own unique personality.
Life would be so lonely and incomplete without them.

Yesterday I called to talk to Tyson on the phone to find out how his first day in the first grade went.  He was so talkative, explaining everything he had done and the things he was learning. 

Then I said, "Boy, Tyson it sounds like you are probably the smartest student in your class."

Without hesitation he said, "Yes Grandma, I know that I am!"
I about died laughing (to myself).

I love and miss you Tyson, Sam, Rhaegan and Paige.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oh brother! What a silly guy. He is pretty smart... and his kindergarten teacher did make a big deal last year about him and one other boy being the most advanced academically in the class. And now that the other boy is in a different classroom... I guess Tyson has decided that he's the smartest. I think we may need a little FHE on humility. ;)
The organ picture reminds me, though, of how gifted Tyson is musically. I mean, not to be all braggy or anything, but he's so good. :)
And you know, I heard he got his smarts and musical skills from his paternal grandmother.

Jeanne said...

What a cute picture! Your arms are pretty full Karen!
I know, always room for more, huh?!

Christine said...

I'm sure he IS the smartest, most thoughtful, compassionate, musically talented child in his class.

mapacupps said...

Thanks for the compliments, we are such a "humble" people aren't we? But my grandchildren are the BEST!

Kendall said...

Love that little Tyson. I can't believe he's in 1st grade!!! Next time you talk to him tell I said to stop growing up. Love the tribute. They are my favorite blogs to read.