After talking to a few of you and realizing you didn't know we had a "foster" daughter living with us, I thought I should introduce you to Emily.
She won a national competition in kitchen design and her award was given at a conference in Chicago a few months ago. At the conference she met a man who designs kitchens and bathrooms and offered her an internship. He has a shop in Norwich, of all places.
Her mother called our branch president and asked if there were any members who would be willing to let Emily stay with them. He called me and I said, "well I'm not sure I have room!" Of course I was kidding. Pres. Hadlock called the mom back and told her he found a place for her. Sis. Wilson started quizzing him on the who, what, where's of this family Emily would be staying with. When Pres. Hadlock said, "Oh, by the way, Pres. Cupps is from Laramie," Sis. Wilson's whole demeanor changed. When I talked to her we found out that we knew many of the same people and that really put her at ease.
We have really enjoyed having her here. She took care of Gizmo her first week here because we were in North Carolina. Each weekend she ventures out to see whatever she can while she's here. Last weekend she spent time in New York City, yesterday she spent the day in Ithaca exploring the gorges and this coming weekend a friend of hers, who is interning in the city, is coming up so they can go to Palmyra. How would it be to be young and fancy free?
Well we are having a huge thunderstorm and I keep losing the internet, so I am closing so I can post this before everything dies.

4 comments:
So how many design tips have you gotten out of her?
Hi Emily!!
She is super cute. I am so jealous that she is getting to live at home with you and Dad and play Rummy Down, eat your great food, etc. etc....Luckily I'll get to be "home" in a couple of weeks. Can't wait and thanks for the apple crisp recipe. It turned out great!
It's so funny that we didn't even know about Emily. Nice to "meet" her. You are So full of secrets. :)
Post a Comment