We wanted to see the sights around Krista and Josh's apartment. We first went out to the beach and Josh was explaining where some of the other islands were. I thought this was a classic:
After we got our signals together, Josh and Krista took us on a walking tour.
There's a lot of building going on. They build the first two floors, people move in and then decide later if they want to continue with more floors. Many of the buildings have a "to be continued" look to them.
Lots of steep windy roads make a morning walk a real work-out.
The movie The Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed here. Many of the sights along the coast seemed familiar.
These huts are on the beach right by K&J's apartment and they were used by the film crew.
We snorkeled around this pier. I wish we had had an underwater camera. The fish and coral were beautiful. I kept expecting an eel to come flying out of the coral to attack me.
We stopped long enough to pose for the camera.

5 comments:
What a trip. Now if you can get the other Three Families to move to vacation spots you will have it made.
I love that picture of Dad and Josh. Classic Dad. Looks like you guys are having fun. It is 75 and sunny here, so ha.
Have a great rest of your trip.
Sorry, I had a typo on my first comment. Oops. I meant to say, Hey, Kenneth... I don't know about where YOU live, but AZ is a GREAT vacation spot during certain months of the year. ;) You all should come here in JANUARY!
To clarify, I do know where Kenneth lives and I did know who he was (he comments on my blog occasionally too)... but I was saying I don't know what people think of SLC as a "vacation spot." However, some people consider AZ to be quite the vacation spot in the winter. It was REALLY late at night when I was making my comment, so I see that it doesn't (didn't) make sense. Sorry!
Post a Comment