Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Goodbye Laramie, Hello Mesa

Before I begin this adventurous day's report, I want to wish Quinten and Kate a very Happy Anniversary.  WOW, 8 years!  If I were cleaver I would have a picture of your wedding day, but I am barely learning this posting stuff so next year it will be different.

We left Laramie early this morning with a dusting of snow and ice. I tried taking a picture of the snowy mountains but the fog got in the way.


What a change to leave 30 degree weather and arrive to 88 degrees. But it is worth it to be with the grandchildren (well Quinten and Kate, too). Our afternoon was getting caught up and going to Sam's soccer practice.  Tyson gets to be a "helper." He has practice tomorrow night.

These boys are naturals.  Sam is very aggressive (not like his dad).


Paige enjoyed watching, but was also very unsure who I was.  But I did finally get to hold her, just for a minute.



The day couldn't end without a trip to Cafe Rio.  
Sorry Krista, we hate to rub it in!  Tuesdays are dollar taco night, so of course we ate ourselves sick with tacos.

Tyson has been really sick so he wasn't feeling well and then Kate went to put her arm around him and bumped him in the face.  It was a sad moment for a few minutes but then all was well. 

3 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! Cute post! We are SO glad to have you here. Too bad Tyson was bawling in that last picture. It was just an accident!!!

Nick said...

More greetings from France. So maybe Sam takes after Uncle "Soccer Coach " Nick. And is that where we went the day after the QT/Kate wedding? And did Tyson really want another taco?

Krista said...

I might just pay for a 800 dollar plane ticket to have some Cafe Rio. Hey Mom can I use your credit card for a second!? I NEED CAFE RIO.