We decided to rent a car and drive south to Roseau. There are several sights to see. The trip is only 25 miles but the road is so bad that it took over an hour to get there.
Our first stop was Trafalgar Waterfalls. It reminded me so much of the falls in Costa Rica and especially the road getting to them was so narrow and steep. It is amazing that cars, let a lone small buses can make the climb.
We had many steps to walk up and they were quite slippery.
Our next stop was Champagne Lake. It is a little area on the Caribbean ocean side that is amazing for snorkeling. It's called Champagne Lake because there are these bubbles that come up from the bottom of the lake making it look like champagne. The fish were incredible! Still wish I had an underwater camera. There were come scuba divers who were taking pictures below us.
We stopped on our climb back up to the car to take this shot. We look a little hammered because we were.
We stopped in Roseau to do some shopping. Well if you can call it that. Roseau, I'm sorry, is a real dive. It's dirty, crowded and very over-priced. The only shopping we did was for some groceries for Krista and Josh. Feel lucky we live in the US. A package of toliet-paper (Charim, 12) was $80 EC which converts to about $35 US. I guess we can just use those bananas leaves that are out in the backyard.
As we drove back to Portsmouth, we stopped at a little "resort" for dinner. It was a nice place right on the ocean run by a couple from Belgium. Of course Josh and Tom ordered tuna. The dinner hit the spot.
The best part of the day, though, was dodging the crab on the road. We have to watch out for deer in New York, in Dominica it's crab. From the restaurant to Portsmouth (about 8 miles) we counted over 15 live crabs. I made Krista stop so I could take a picture. The crab doesn't look very big, but they are actually quite large.

2 comments:
That waterfall is so pretty! The scenery looks so great. I don't get why the prices are so high there. That's crazy.
By the way, we don't know who that Jason commentor is. You are a real blogger now with STALKERS!
And even if you do look a little tired in that one picture, it looks like you are having FUN! I'm afraid AZ won't be quite as adventuresome. But your darling grandkids will be here... so you will still have a GREAT time!
Ok...banana leaves? I love it, Mom. I am still laughing! The pictures are so great. You guys look like you're having a lot of fun. When Shae saw the pictures it made him really miss Costa Rica. Lets plan a trip back there. Love and miss you!
Post a Comment