Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sixth Day in Dominica, P.S.

After I posted today's blog, I realized it would have been nice to see the places I mentioned so we went for a quick walk to take these pictures.  Sorry, the first one is not focused, I don't know what happened.

This is D's Tropical Hut.  Krista buys her apples and other veggies here.
"D" is a nice native, but way over priced.


Perky's Pizza is the pizza parlor hangout.  The pizza was quite good. Krista and Josh, of course, say it is not Nina's, but we enjoyed it.  James Store is a hole.  It is a grocery store but you pay six times the price for out-dated food.


These are the "shacks".  The locals own the individual booths.  Some actual make food like pizza, french fries, tacos etc.  Others just sell their fruits and veggies they grow.  The prices were more reasonable.
O.K., now I am done.  Everyone is waiting to pay a last game of Wizard.  
Bye for now!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I have learned SO much about life in Dominica from your blog! These pictures are just great. It's been so fun to get a glimpse into Krista's life. You guys sure were busy. Travel safely!

P.S. "Jason" left a comment on my blog too. "Jason"... who are you???

LilMisfit said...

Hi Karen. It's Jamie, Kate's sister. I just clicked on your blog from hers and found all of these great posts about your trip. I have heard about some of the things that Krista and Josh are doing through Kate, but it was great to see so many pictures of their hometown. Eric and I went ot St. Thomas in January and it seems to be very similar to Dominca. And it is sounds like you and Tom must be completely exhausted! I read all of your posts about the trip in the last few minutes and I am tired! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I checked your blog and enjoyed it!